Saturday 27 October 2012

Garlic Prawns

Garlic Prawns
 
 
 
So this recipe is not only delish and super quick, it has special significance for me as this is the dish hubby cooked me on the night he proposed (umm, yes garlic and all- but it was yummy so we didn't mind!). We haven't had it in a while, years in fact, so I thought I'd give it another whirl and I must say I think it's re-entering the repertoire from now on!
 
I was a little worried about the healthiness as it uses both butter and cream- two things I love but don't tend to use in my home cooking in the interest of cutting down the calories, but it really doesn't use all that much of either and nothing else in it is particularly naughty- so I think it's okay!
 
Time taken?: 30 mins, and that's only because you need to cook rice. The dish itself is so super quick!
 
2 year old friendly?: Couldn't tell you, he wouldn't even try it! I don't see why not though. The alchohol from the brandy is burned off.
 
Serves about 3, or 2 adults and 2 children
 
INGREDIENTS
20g butter
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
500g green prawns, peeled
2 tablespoons brandy
1/4 cup cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsely
salt and pepper to season
Steamed or bolied white rice, to serve
 
METHOD
Heat butter in medium non-stick frypan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until slightly softened.
Add prawns and saute until just turning colour.
Add brandy and using gas flame or a long match, ignite the alchohol. Once alchohol has burnt off, add cream and rbing to boil.
Stir in parsely and season to taste.
Serve with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment