Thursday 8 November 2012

Aunty Maria's Rescue Recipe: 'Dressed' Chicken

Aunty Maria's Rescue Recipe: 'Dressed' Chicken
 


This one is a RESCUE RECIPE because it rescued us from take-away. The story goes like this- my son is sick at the moment, and when I went to pick him up from my Mum's on my way home from work he had a high fever and I wanted to wait for the medication to kick in before taking him home. Well the medication took a good 1.5 hours to work it's magic- meaning by the time i left Mums it was VERY late, on a work night, and too late for the chicken I had planned to make for dinner that night to marinate. Just when I was about to give up and order chinese, my aunty, who was at Mum's at the time, gave me this very quick easy chicken recipe. I called it "dressed" chicken because instead of marinating it, you kind of dress it like a salad after it's cooked to give it flavour. What she didn't give me was mesurements- so you'll have to guess like I did I am afraid! Can't really do wrong with it though.

Time Taken?: 20 mins- including chicken chopping time. Might take less if you cook the chicken on a BBQ or more if you cook it in a small pan thus having to cook it in batches.

2 year old friendly?: Don't know- as above child was sick and decided he just wanted rice crackers for dinner.

INGREDIENTS
500g chicken breast (I cut them into thin fingers so that they'd cook quickly)
Olive oil
Balsamic Vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon parsely
Salt and pepper

METHOD
Heat a griddle pan or BBQ or grill on high heat
Cook the chicken breast until cooked through and preferably a little browned on the outside (without being overcooked)
Meanwhile, coat the bottom of medium dish that has a lid in olive oil. Add a good glug of balsamic vinegar, the garlic and the parsely and combine using a fork.
Add the cooked chicken to the dish, turning to coat well in the dressing, and put the lid on.
Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
Serve chicken with the remaining dressing spooned over the top.

I served mine with rice and salad- but you could serve it with potato, pasta, steamed vegies, anything really!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment