Wednesday 21 November 2012

Beef Rissoles

Beef Rissoles
 

Tonight I had a 'mystery box challenge' (for all my readers who are not masterchef fans, that means I had to create a meal with a specific set of ingredients- namely- what I had in the house!). I had some mince de-frosted- so I did a quick search for beef rissoles and this Curtis Stone recipe came up. They're quick, easy, pretty healthy and pretty tasty (although a little on the dry side- which I personally don't mind and actually prefer to greasy and fatty- but some people might not. It could be cause I used a really lean mince though- so maybe if you try it with a fattier mince it will be more moist).

Curtis serves his with a grilled potato and spinach salad- but seeing as I had none of those ingedients in the house I served mine with a simple garden salad to make a balanced mid-week meal with minimal fuss!

Time Taken?: 20 minutes

2 year old friendly?: Actually surprisingly my little one didn't take to them- but he's never been a mince/ meat ball fan. It doesn't mean he might not eat it another time though! There is no reason for toddlers not to like this- especially with a bit of tomato sauce if they're into that!

INGREDIENTS
500g beef mince
1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh thyme (I didn't have fresh so I used dry thyme, which turned out fine)
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 large egg

METHOD
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
Mix together well with fingers
Roll into 8 equal sized balls and then squash into 1cm thick rissoles
Heat a BBQ or grill pan to medium-high heat
Brush the rissoles with a bit of olive oil and cook them for 6-8 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Remove from heat and rest for 3 mins before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment