Friday 20 July 2012

Foil-Baked Salmon with Lemon, Parsely and Tomato

Foil-Baked Salmon with Lemon, Parsely and Tomato



This is probably one of my favourite dishes. It's so healthy and so easy, but packs some great flavour! I love cooking it on a friday night cause it feels like a nice end-of-week treat (even though it's healthy) and is great with a nice glass of wine (and I have fridays off so I can go to the fish shop!).  I serve it with brown rice and asparagus. I prepare the asparagus by tossing in a little olive oil and then throw them in a hot pan, turning until the skin just starts to blister, and then I add some salt and freshly cracked pepper- delicious!

Time taken?: This took as long as the rice takes to cook, so about 30 mins (cause it's brown rice), but the salmon takes about 2 minutes to prepare before putting in the oven and the asparagus takes only about 5 mins in the pan, so very little effort required!

2 year old friendly?: He does eat it sometimes, but I have actually stopped buying extra for him as it's too expensive for him to only eat half the time. I usually make him some fish fingers and give him some of my salmon if he wants some.

The below recipe makes 2 serves

WHAT YOU NEED
2 salmon fillets, scaled and pin-boned (I prefer skin on, but you can also get skin off)
1 lemon
About 1/2 punnet of grape tomatoes, halved
About 2 tablespoons chopped parsely
2 bunches of fresh asparagus to serve with (prepared as above)

METHOD
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
Take 2 pieces of foil big enough to wrap one salmon fillet each in, and spray the middle of them with oil spray
Place the salmon fillets skin side down on the foil
Sprinkle the salmon with the parsely and then place the halved cherry tomatoes on top of each fillet, cut side down.
Season each fillet with freshly cracked pepper and the squeeze the juice of half a lemon on each fillet.
Enclose each fillet in the foil like this...


Place the fillets on an oven tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until nicely cooked through.
Serve on a bed of brown rice with asparagus. Squeeze more lemon over the fillet just before serving if preffered.




No comments:

Post a Comment