Wednesday 25 July 2012

Lemon and Soy Chicken Breast

Lemon and Soy Chicken Breast


This is one of my old go-to recipes and one my mum used to cook a lot too. It's very simple but a good way to add flavour to some chicken breast while keeping it healthy and without having to marinate it all night or use fattening sauces. My mum always used thigh fillets which makes them more tender, but I like using chicken breast cause it makes it a very healhty meal (and I have always been a breast girl!). I have served it with my lemon crushed potatoes (see my 'sensational sides' blog) and a rocket, cherry tomato and spanish onion salad dressed only with balsamic vinegar (no oil tonight).

Time taken?: About 40 minutes all up including marinating time.

2 year old friendly?: Yes! (and I say this excitedly because my son never ever used to like chicken breast

This recipe makes about 5 or 6 serves (depending on how much chicken you eat- if you're anything like my hubby it's more like 4 serves!).

INGREDIENTS
1 kilo chicken breast, cut into smaller managable pieces and halved lengthways to make them thinner
1/2 cup soy sauce
The juice of half a lemon
A handful of continental parsely, roughly chopped
Extra lemon, to serve
Freshly cracked pepper

METHOD
Place the cut up chicken in a large bowl
Pour over the chicken the soy sauce and lemon juice, and add the parsely and some freshly cracked pepper to taste
Mix to coat the chicken and combine all of the ingrediants.
Refrigerate for 10-15 mins to allow the flavours to penetrate
Heat a griddle pan or large fry pan to a medium-high heat (alternatively, cook them under a grill).
Cook the chicken in batches until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment